Through my art, I am exploring human interactions, with each other and our environment.
I started from the individual need of belonging by creating The perfect home. I found that home is a state of mind rather than a place and that perfection is relative to the individual. I continued with Community lights and Equally diverse, two interactive installations that react to the viewer just passing by, without them necessarily being aware of this. My latest project, Heavy heart is focused on our feelings and the way we are influenced by them. This project got me closer to human nature and got me thinking more and more about our place in nature.
Humans are undoubtedly part of nature and just like a bird’s nest, human architecture is just as natural. However, there is a separation between humans and their creations and the rest of nature. While I understand the demarcation as we need to define our identity as a species, I find that the way it is made sets us apart from nature as a distinct entity. I believe that this is the main reason why we are capable of being harmful to our environment. If we would understand that we belong to nature just like all other animal species and we have been privileged by evolution to be able to adjust to and adjust any environment, we would be able to better preserve what is in essence our Mother, with the difference that we never left the womb; we live here.
I studied textile art and design at the National University of Arts Bucharest, Romania.
- Romanian Academy Library, Bucharest, Romania – July 2010
- National Museum of Decorative Arts, Bucharest, Romania, 27th of November 2012 – 14th of April 2013
- National Museum of Art, Chișinău, Republic of Moldova, 25th of April – 10th of June 2013
- The VIII International Biennial of Textile Miniatures “Thoughts – that is…”, Gallery Arka, Vilnius, Lithuania, 7th – 28th of September 2013
- International Textile Art Biennial – 21st of February – 1st of March 2015, KUNSTSTICHTING PERSPEKTIEF VZW, Haacht, Belgium
- The IX International Biennial of Textile Miniatures “Out of the box”, Gallery Arka, Vilnius, Lithuania, 19th of June – 11th of July, 2015
- BIAMT – International Biennial of Miniature Art, Faculty of Arts and Design Timișoara, 25th of April – 23rd of May 2016
- The 11th International Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary Textile Art “Scythia”, Kherson, Ukraine, 15th – 26th of June 2016
- International Exhibition “Textile for Young” under auspices of “Scythia”, Kherson, Ukraine, 15th – 26th of June 2016
- Book-object exhibition DadA, Gallery, Bucharest, Romania, 22th of June – 22th of July 2016
- “To weave dreams – MINIARTEXTIL 2016”, San Francesco Church, Como, Italy, 1st of October – 20th of November 2016
- Miniartextil “To weave dreams”, Le Beffroi, Montrouge, France, 22nd of February – 19th of March 2017
- “Theatre under the moonlight” Festival, third edition, Quantic Pub, Bucharest, 1st – 16th July 2017
- The 8 th International Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary Mini Textile Art “Scythia”, Kherson/ Ivano-Frankivs’k, Ukraine, 19th of June – 2nd of July 2017 / 15th of July – 30th of July 2017
- Texpoart, Universitas Gallery, Iași, Romania, 1st – 29th November 2017
- BIAMT 2018 – International Biennial of Miniature Art, Faculty of Arts and Design Timișoara, 26th October – 15th November 2018
- Fusion Arts Expo 2019, Palace Noblesse, Bucharest, 24-25 May 2019
- XIIth Florence Biennale 2019, Fortezza da Basso, Florence, 18th – 27th October 2019
- The 13th International Textile Art Biennial “Scythia”, Ivano-Frankivs’k, Ukraine, 6-18th of August 2020
- Can Art&Design Festival, Bucharest, Ploesti, Iasi, Cluj, Constanta and other cities, Romania – July – November 2020
- Participation in West meets East – A Cultural Book Exchange project:
- Warwick, USA, 14th of September – 14th of October 2010
- UNArte Gallery, Bucharest, Romania, 1st of November – 1st of December 2010
- Art Museum, Iași, Romania, 10th – 20th of September 2011
- Parliament House, Brancuși Hall, Bucharest, Romania, 10th – 28th of October 2011
- Art Galleries Focșani, Romania, 24th of January – 15th of February 2012
- Art Museum, Constanța, Romania, 1st – 30th of August 2012
- County Library “Marin Preda”, Alexandria, Romania, 1st – 27th of March 2016
- Art Galleries Focșani, Romania, March-April 2016
- Participation in the project An Inventory of Al-Mutanabbi Street in 2012 with “Before and after” book-objects.
- Attendance at ORA Training Course at Lecceta di Torino di Sangro, Italy, (25th of May – 3rd of June, 2013). I was part of the workshop for Graphics and Video, during which I made comics for children and drawings for promotional and educational material.Participation in organizing the exhibitions DecoArt 2009 (Tulcea, 14th of August – 14th of September), West meets East (Bucharest, 1st of November – 1st of December, 2010), the Wall for Peace (Bucharest, 12th of September – 18th of September, 2011) and Books for Mind and Soul (Constanta, Museum of Art, 1st – 30th of August 2012).
- Participation at the Conference organized by CFCECAS on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, 25th of November 2016, with Tree of emotions.
- Created Aluminium dress – A new beginning for the Can Art&Design Festival exhibition at Mega Mall Bucharest – 14th – 23rd August 2020
- 11th of July 2020 – Mall Vitan, Bucharest – Can Art&Design Festival
- 15th of August 2020 – Mega Mall Bucharest – Can Art&Design Festival
- The Unfiltered Lens, vol. VI issue 20, October 13th, 2010, page 6
- Forma-revista de arta, nr.7/2011, page 43
- West meets East – Book object – 2012
- WEST MEETS EAST – A Cultural Book Exchange – 2012
- “Before and after” in bookarts.uwe.ac.uk – 2012
- Books for Mind and Soul – 2013
- International Textile Art Biennial 2015, Haacht, Belgium – 2015
- The 11th International Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary Textile Art “Scythia” – 2016
- Miniartextil 2016 – To weave dreams – 2016
- “Dreams come true” in BiBazz.net – 2016
- BIAMT Catalogue – 2016
- The 8th International Mini Textile Art Exhibition“Scythia” – 2017
- 20+ with Evelina Manea (A7TV) – When passion turns into job (II) – 2018
- Made in Ro #12 by designist.ro – 2018
- Made in Ro #13 by designist.ro – 2019
- designist.ro – Can Art&Design Festival winners
- “E vremea ta!” – TVR2 – 17.06.2020
- “Eroul zilei” – Antena 3 – 1.07.2020
- The 13th International Textile Art Biennial “Scythia”